23rd May 2016
Ticket Prices 1st June 2016
With effect from 1 June fares on the Gosport Ferry have been increased by an average of 3% to reflect increased operating costs. The effect is 5p increase per single trip on an adult open return and 5p per trip increase on a ten-trip open return ticket.
Key Facts on the Fares
- Increases in fares have been kept to a minimum.
- Operating costs have risen sharply in the past year despite a fall in the price of fuel. (These costs include the purchase and operating costs of our newest £3.2m vessel and lease costs for the Gosport pontoon. Wages are our largest cost and continue to increase each year).
- Rises also help pay for further investment in ferry services – modernising and refurbishment work at the pontoon at Portsea commenced in April 2016.
- Regular adult users benefit from a discounted 10 trip ticket which had not been increased since June 2014. Revised fares now mean just £1.50 per single trip. Tickets are not time limited but open-ended.
- A new unlimited travel 30-day “season ticket”has been introduced from 1 April at a cost of £61.00. Unlimited ferry travel for just over £2.00 per day.
- £1.19 per trip ( assuming used 6 return times per week )
- For very frequent users each trip will cost less than £1.00.
- Prices held for Park & Float; Unlimited use of Gosport car parks and ferry travel in 30 day period for less than £3.00 per day - travel on the ferry for under a £1 a trip.
- Flexible smart travel with the Solent Go travelcard – convenience of topping up online. Travel from £1.50 a trip.
- Bikes go free all summer (from 1June until 31 August) to promote sustainable transport and healthy living choices.
- Family fare extended to cover 2 adults and up to three children/ grandparents.
The ferry operates 200 crossings a day (during the week) around 69,500 crossings a year; 18 ½ hours for 364 days a year and with over 99% reliability. The service provides a vital link between the city of Portsmouth and Gosport removing traffic from the very busy A32 and M275, saving a car journey of 14 miles and taking the equivalent of 42 million car miles off the road every year.
A single Gosport ferry trip across the harbour costs £1.50 for an adult (less for children and OAPs and much less with season tickets).
We believe we're great value - here's what you can "Get" today for £1.50:
||Three quarters of a cup of cappucino
||Half a pint of beer
||Half a pasty at Gunwharf Quays
||Not even 3 first class stamps
||Just over half way on the bus between Gosport and Fareham